Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Apparently, We Shouldn't Believe the Mainstream Media

It seems that on yet another story, the Mainstream Media (MSM) has used worthless sources, and has not confirmed the incident at all. I am speaking of the burning of six Sunnis by Shiites. See Michelle Malkin's column, "The rumor-mongering media," at Jewish World Review for details.

Would anyone care to explain to me why the MSM feels it necessary to lie to the American people, not to mention all the others around the world who read their material? I mean, I know there is an excessive liberal, Democrat bias among the MSM, just as there is in academia. What I don't get is why their integrity and honesty isn't more important to them than politics.

When I first heard of the revenge killing mentioned above, I was appalled. Yet, at the same time, there was a tiny, niggling doubt in my mind as to the truthfulness of the story. Why? Because the MSM has tried repeatedly to make things look bad in Iraq, whether they are or not.

How is anyone supposed to understand what is going on and what would be the best course of action if we have to put up with tainted news stories written by reporters more concerned with advancing their personal political agendas than with being truthful and honest and trustworthy.

And people wonder why I am conservative and not liberal?!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 6:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clap, clap, clap, clap, clap. I have said it before and I'll say it again. All of us are expert at something and the MSM has butchered things that I am knowledgeable about to the extent that I have no faith in them. The saddest thing is the poor people that believe the trash that they peddle.

 
At 6:27 PM, Blogger Mary A said...

Thank you, Pop!

It is sad that a lot of people who listen to or read the news don't question it--they assume it's double-checked and confirmed and accurate. But it's not.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home