Saturday, November 04, 2006

Vote on November 7

In 4 days, we can vote! I hope that you are all planning to take the time to do so. The more people who vote, the more likely we are to have the government that the majority want. Regardless of your political leanings, vote! And encourage others to do so.

You still have time to think over the issues and do some research, on the internet or in newspapers or other media, finding out what candidates really stand for. The more knowledgable you are, the more wisely you will vote.

It does take some time to learn about the issues and candidates, but it's important to know what you are voting for or against. I think it is a responsibility that we have to be active, knowledgable citizens and do our best to participate, whether it is by voting or working for a candidate or an issue. Our active participation is good in and of itself, but it also encourages others to do the same.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 12:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of the things that troubles me about many, if not most politicians, is that they never really answer the question that was actually asked. I don't have much trust in someone that will not give a yes or no answer to my yes or no questions. What I would really like to see is an honest poll (yeah, I know )showing the % voting aginst someone rather than for someone. Personaly I think the number would be high.

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger Mary A said...

I agree--there aren't nearly enough straight answers given by the politicians.

An honest poll. Is that an oxymoron? Be that as it may, the per cent voting against someone rather than for someone could be very interesting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home