Saturday, December 09, 2006

The Iraq Study Group Report

Well, well, well. At last the ISGR has been released. And are we really surprised by what it says? Not really, although we had hopes for something good. At least the terrorists are happy about it--and they think it is a done deal. Over at WorldNetDaily there is an article titled "Terrorists Rejoicing Over New Iraq 'Plan'". Read that and tell me we aren't in serious danger. The very first paragraph states:


A high level U.S. commission's recommendations for an eventual withdrawal from Iraq and for dialogue with Iran and Syria proves "Islamic resistance" works and America will ultimately be defeated, according to senior terrorist leaders interviewed by WND.

Did you get that? "America will ultimately be defeated...." Hmmmm. Doesn't sound like appeasement stops the aggression, does it? Here's another paragraph to give you pause:



"[With the Iraq Study Group report], the Americans came to the conclusion that Islam is the new giant of the world and it would be clever to reduce hostilities with this giant. In the Quran the principle of the rotation is clear and according to this principle the end of the Americans and of all non-believers is getting closer," Abu Ayman said.

"...the end of the Americans and of all non-believers is getting closer." Not just the end of American fighting or American military. No, the end of the Americans. And get this:


Abu Abdullah said following a withdrawal from Iraq, the U.S. will be defeated on its own soil.

"America must understand that with anti-American governments in Latin America and with Islam growing and reinforcing, including in the U.S. itself, the next step would be a total defeat on their (American) land, not a relative one like they are facing in Iraq," he said.
This is a serious enemy we have. There's more in the article. Please read it.

Here's another little tidbit for you from The Jerusalem Post. In an article titled "Hamas Smuggled $66m. in 8 Months" we learn about serious money being smuggled into Palestine from Egypt, no doubt paying for terrorist activity, as well as other things. Interesting.

Update: What is also interesting is that two paragraphs have been cut from the Jerusalem Post article. They were the second and third paragraphs and read as follows:

Meanwhile, sources close to the PA government claimed that Hamas representatives recently held talks with officials from the US Democratic Party at an undisclosed location.
The sources told the Bethlehem-based Maan News Agency that Hamas representatives had also held secret talks with officials of European governments, including Britain and France.
I'm not the only one who saw them when I first read the article. They are quoted in a blog post at Right Truth.

In a not entirely unrelated article at Human Events, since it shows the sort of thing that can happen when the good guys wimp out, is a piece by Phyllis Schlafly from 13 May 2005. Titled "Bush Apologizes for FDR's Sellout at Yalta," this is an article that will give you a lesson in WWII history that you may not have heard about. It is also one of the few times when an apology, though inadequate, is at least warranted.

All I can say is read, read, read! Learn, learn, learn! Don't just accept the popular version of things floating around in the air. It is imperative that America and its allies stand very strongly for the rights and freedoms of the people of the world. We will all lose if they do not.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 7:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip about the paragraphs being removed. That is so weird. Why would they do that? Obviously covering someone's backside. I would love to have more information on who was at the meetings, what was said.

I didn't even open my computer after I posted that article early yesterday morning. I have carpenters here (at least that is what they claim to be, ha)

My house is is in chaos from top to bottom. Yesterday they were putting in new windows. I think I will deduce my salary from their final payment. I feel like I have put in as much work as they have.

Seriously, this renovation has been a real experience. I will be so glad when it's finished.

Have a great Sunday and thanks for visiting with me at Right Truth. I do check into your site quite often.

Debbie
Right Truth

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger Mary A said...

Thanks, Debbie, for stopping by and commenting. I hope your renovation is over soon so you can get your life back!!

I wondered about them taking out the 2 paragraphs. Were they taken out for lack of confirmation? Or did the liberals complain? Or what? I suppose we'll never know, but I am glad you quoted them in your article. Otherwise they'd just be lost to us! I didn't think to copy the article when I first saw it--but then, who knew anything would be cut like that.

I really enjoy your blog--it alerts me to things I might otherwise miss!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home