Friday, October 06, 2006

So What Has Russia Been Up To Lately?

One of my favorite political writers, Caroline B. Glick, described by Jewish World Review as "the senior Middle East Fellow at the Center for Security Policy in Washington, DC and the deputy managing editor of The Jerusalem Post" has written an eye-opening article titled "As The Storm of War Approaches" and it is worth a read.

Russia has not been on my radar screen lately, and apparently it should be. It is difficult to keep track of all that is going on in the global unrest these days. This is one reason I like to refer to websites such as Jewish World Review and Townhall.com, as well as blogs like Right Truth to help me keep up-to-date. Of course, some days I don't read them as faithfully as other days, but I recommend these sites and I am sure you have your own favorites. I can't stress enough how much we need to keep ourselves informed at all levels: globally, nationally, and locally. If our votes are going to be meaningful, if our personal preparations for what might happen are to be effective, we need to keep an eye on what is going on in our world today.

Caroline B. Glick's article referenced above not only displays Russia's involvement in the Middle East, but also discusses what Israel's leadership should be doing, but isn't, to meet this threat. Good insights for us all.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 4:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found Caroline Glick's article to be very interesting. Russia really hasn't changed that much since tsarist times.

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger Mary A said...

True. In spite of the end of the cold war and the introduction of some capitalism, Russia is still Russia and needs to remain on our radar screens.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home