Thursday, September 28, 2006

Taking a Step Back

Don't today's political goings-on make your head spin? They do mine and I've had to take a breather from thinking politics.

So what's on my mind today? Reformation--of myself. After a dry and hot summer, I am feeling much better now that autumn's cooler temperatures and occasional rain are here. I feel more like doing things now.

Like everyone else, I have lists and lists of self-improvement projects, things to do, etc. I have to remind myself to take these projects in bite-sized pieces so that I can manage them without feeling overwhelmed.

"How do you eat an elephant?"

"One bite at a time."

Whatever your self-improvement project might be, you can search on Google or one of the other search engines and find websites filled with articles to give you some guidance. Some are selling something, of course, but still might have useful information. Search the blogs, too. You're sure to run across some kindred spirit who will provide some inspiration and motivation, not to mention practical how-to's.

Don't wait until your New Year's Resolutions--pick something now and start working on it, whether it is an exercise program or developing a talent or trying out a new hobby. It'll refresh your soul!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 5:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A small piece of advice when in search of information. All of us know quite a bit about something. Pay paticular attention to how accurate a source is in relation to things you are knowledgeable about. There are outlets that I have absolutely no trust in because of reporting that I know to be inaccurate.

 
At 5:57 PM, Blogger Mary A said...

Good advice, Pop.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home